As we age, we may begin to lose our teeth, this could be through a number of reasons including tooth decay and gum disease. The purpose of replacing lost teeth are not just for aesthetic reasons, functionality and the person’s ability to independently eat is also based on how many teeth they have and where the teeth are positioned.
This article will tell you what the best cosmetic dentist in Manchester may provide for you if you have lost multiple teeth.
Dentures have been around for a lot longer than many people think, with the first recorded dentures dating back to 700BC. They developed a lot since then, from being made from human or animal teeth to a porcelain that look similar to the real thing. Ask the best cosmetic dentist in Manchester id you think denture could be right for you.
Advantages of Dentures
- Dentures are cheaper than dental implants
- Removable (good option for weak or unhealthy jaws)
- Good dentures can look natural
Unfortunately, dentures can’t be used to help everyone. Some disadvantages of opting for braces include;
- Can slip out when eating or talking if not secured properly
- Can cause infection and tooth decay if not fitted properly
- Need to be cleaned regularly
- Need to be replaced when they show serious signs of wear
- Can cause discomfort if not fitted or secured properly
Dental implants have been slowly catching up to dentures in recent years due to the advancement in them. Being a permanent solution, they do cost more than dentures but can last far longer, meaning that you could end up having money in the long run. Dental implants may also see you making fewer visits to the dentist as they are far easier to maintain. Speak to the best dentist in Manchester if you think that dental implants may be a good option for you.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Some of the advantages of dental implants include;
- Permanent (no need to worry about them fall out whilst talking
- More comfortable than dentures
- Look more nature than dentures
- Natural looking
- Won’t cause damage to surrounding teeth and gums
Disadvantages of Dental Implants
- More expensive than dentures
- Surgery is required to implant them
- They may need to get replaced at some point
- Bone around the implant may be damaged or lost over time
How to Find the Best Cosmetic Dentist in Glasgow
If you are interested in getting dentures, dental implants or some other form of tooth replacement, you may be wondering how to find the best cosmetic dentist in Glasgow. There are many dentists out there but in order to find the most experienced and qualified for what you’re wanting done it is always best to thoroughly research your options. Check reviews and ask to see before and after pictures.